I love ants and anything to do with the little hard working creatures , It’s a hobby if I can actually put something into that kind of a category, sit in a place and observe the ants movements,I love the way each one of them communicate, co-ordinate and do herculean tasks and still continue to do it in their life.
As I have been noticing them since childhood, I decided that I need to know more about them, the discovery channels gave me the input to ease my curiosity, and today I pass them onto you.
Facts that you didn’t know about ants
- Ants normally live in colonies where there is a queen ant, the male workers and the female workers
- The queen ant has the wings and so does the male workers
- Usually when there is a fight between the ants, it’s usually to the death.
- The ants while foraging for food,they leave a chemical trail behind to know where it had been.
- The ant is strong that t can life up the weight that is 20 times more than it’s own body weight, it’s like a little girl of about 8 years able to lift a car.
- The queen ant normally lives for a long time and if it dies, the colony perishes,there is rarely a replacement of the queen.
- When the ants attack the enemy colony and it wins over, all the eggs of the defeated colony is taken as a slave ants.
- In the community, there are fighter ants whose sole purpose is to protect the queen, defend its colony and also fight the enemy.
- The worker ants are more into foraging food and storing them up
- The queen ants is the one who lays eggs , million of eggs!
- The ants are devoid of lungs, as their whole body is made up of pores through which the respiration takes place.
- They are also devoid of ears, they hear through teh vibrations using their legs
The next time ponder upon those cool creatures before squashing them out:)